How to activate the iPad's Guided Access mode to restrict it to only be used as a XUNO Kiosk
In this article
Guided-Access Restrictions On Your Kiosk
Guided Access allows you to lock the iPad to the XUNO Kiosk App, thus preventing users from clicking on the Home button and loading other applications. Your technician will need to deactivate Guided Access each time to adjust settings on your iPad and to connect to your wireless network.
Your Guided Access passcode is set by your school. Please keep this information in a safe place. If you loose your Guided Access passcode you will need to soft-reset your iPad by holding down the power and home buttons.
Tip: Guided Access should be enabled each time when using your XUNO Kiosk.
How to Configure Guided Access
- Deactivate Guided Access if it is active.
- Click on the iPad home button to show your application icons.
- Click on the Settings icon.
- Scroll to and click on the General option, then tap Accessibility.
- Scroll down to and click on the Guided Access option.
- Enable the Guided Access by clicking on the slider bar button so that it turns green.
- To change your passcode, click on Set Passcode and enter a new passcode. Choose a secure passcode (not 0000) and store it in a safe place. You will need to use it again to disable the Guided Access.
- Make sure that the Accessibility Shortcut option is NOT enabled (not green).
- Guided Access is now ready to use. Follow the instructions found in the section “How to Activate Guided Access” so that you can activate your Guided Access.
How to Activate Guided Access
- Open the XUNO Kiosk app on your iPad.
- Once the app has loaded, quickly click the home button three times.
- Click on the Start button in the top right of the screen to start the Guided Access.
- Your Kiosk is now locked to the XUNO Kiosk application.
How to Deactivate Guided Access
- Tap the iPad home button quickly three times.
- Enter your Guided Access passcode.
- Click on the End button located in the top left. You can then use the iPad as normal.