How to import your timetable
We support and import timetables from the following software packages. Please read the related timetabling articles to learn how to export your timetable from your timetabling software.
- Human Edge First Class
- The Timetabler
- CASES21 / CHESS
Import as a completely new timetable
This option will import a completely new timetable with new classes, create new markbook and reporting classes. We only recommend that you choose this option when you are importing a completely new timetable (e.g. new year). DO NOT use this option if you are importing your timetable mid-term or just updating your timetable because you will end up with duplicate classes.
Import an updated timetable
Choose this option to import an updated timetable as it extends any previously existing timetabled classes. Choose this option if you are importing your timetable mid-term, or mid-semester and you want some or all of your classes to extend over semesters.
How XUNO handles team teaching, composite classes, yard-duties and attendance
Please read the related article at the bottom of this page to learn how XUNO handles team teaching, composite classes, yard-duties, and attendance data when a timetable is imported.
How to Import your Timetable
Backdating a timetable import will cause any classes and class enrolments, that are no longer timetabled in your import, to be deleted along with the associated attendance and assessment data. Existing classes and class enrolments that are re-imported will not affect your existing attendance and assessment data and will not be deleted. Please backup your database before you import your timetable.
- Verify that you have selected the correct Timetable package in the Timetable Integration field, by clicking on the Options menu and then select Attendance and Timetable.
- Export your timetable from your timetabling software package. Read at the related articles to learn how to export your timetable accordingly.
- Go back to XUNO and click on the Options menu and under the Software Settings title click on Import Timetable.
NOTE - If you are using a XUNO Timetable, this option is not available to you.
- Choose to either Import an updated timetable or Import as a completely new timetable. WARNING: Please read the descriptions of each option at the top of this page before proceeding.
- Select which timetable you will be updating or importing.
- Choose the coverage dates for your timetable cycle (the dates for which your timetable will run for) by setting the Import from and Import to dates and then specify the start date (Day 1) of your cycle.
- Tick the Re-apply room availability rules after timetable import so that XUNO can attempt to reapply all corresponding room swaps and changes. Rules that cannot be applied and cause conflicts, will show up as an alert in the Daily Organisation.
- Upload any required timetable files. Some timetables are automatically staged ready for import without you having to manually upload these files.
- Click on the Import button to import your timetable.
- Once your timetable has been imported, you must setup you timetabling periods. To do that, follow the instructions in the article titled 'How to setup your timetabling periods'.