How to upgrade your server before installing 11.2
This article explains how to update the server prior to installing version 11.2.
These steps must be performed by any school that is hosting its own XUNO servers before installing 11.2
1. Update PHP
- Download the latest ssl libraries.
- This may be done by downloading the cacert.pem file from https://curl.haxx.se/docs/caextract.html
- Download loaders
- Download the appropriate Windows loadings.zip file from https://www.sourceguardian.com/loaders.html
- Unzip the file
- Copy downloaded files into the PHP folder as follows:
- Go to the PHP folder via Windows Explorer (C:\Program Files\PHP\v7.2)
- Copy the cacert.pem file from step 1a into this folder
- Open the ext folder
- Copy the file ixed7.2win from step 2b into the ext folder. If you are not using PHP 7.2, copy the appropriate file
- Update the php.ini file
- In C:\Program Files\PHP\v7.2 open the php.ini file. Ensure that you have permission to edit this file.
- Find [ExtensionList]
- At the bottom of the list of extensions, add the following text extension=ixed.7.2.win
- At the bottom of the page add the following text curl.cainfo=C:\Program Files\PHP\v7.2\cacert.pem Note that the file location may need to updated if your PHP folder is not stored in this location.
2. Update IIS
- Open Internet Information Services Manager (IIS)
- Highlight the XUNO website
- On the right panel open up Handler Mappings
- Double click on php-cgi. The name of this file may vary from computer to computer. Eg PHP_via_FastCGI
- Click on Request Restrictions
- Select the Verbs tab
- Choose All Verbs
- Click OK
- Click OK
- If you see an error message reading:
"The specified executable for the handler must be a .dll or .exe file. If the path to the script processor (only in the case of a .exe. file) has spaces, use double quotation mars to specify the executable." Click OK. Then type double quotes at the start and end of the Executable row. Click OK
3. Restart IIS
- Restart IIS and check that you can access XUNO.
- If you can access XUNO you are ready to install 11.2 when it is released.