How to create a Teacher messaging group
This article explains how teachers may create their own ad hoc groups that they can use to message groups of students or staff.
This is primarily used for teachers to manage non-timetabled groups such as SRC, Music or Sport groups and clubs. It may also be used to create groups of staff.
Note that these groups are teacher specific and may only be used by the teacher who creates the group. They are different to the school wide messaging groups found in Options > Messaging & SMS.
Creating a new Teacher messaging group
- Ensure you know all the students who need to be in the group. If you need to add students later you will need to create a new group
- Go to School > Send a Message
- Under Send Message To: choose Selected students or Selected staff as relevant to the group being created
- Under Student / Staff Member, select the students who belong in this group. Note: For selecting students, the search function searches Current students by default, but Future students may be selected
- Once all students are selected, choose whether to send an Internal Message, Email or SMS
- Tick Save this Group
- Type in the name of the Group
- In the message type the message you want to send to the group
- Click Send
- This will send the message and create the group at the same time
Sending and receiving messages from this group
Once the group has been created, messages can been seen and sent via the messages menu on the Dashboard, following the normal steps.
Adding and Removing Students from a group
If a student / staff member needs to be added or removed from a group, a new group needs to be created.