Managing attendance with the Roll Marking app
The XUNO Roll Marking app is available for teachers to mark their rolls on a mobile device. For staff members that are always on the move, or simply prefer to use mobile devices, our Roll Marking app is the perfect sidekick to ensure you can mark your classes with ease.
In this article
Note: We recommend updating to the latest version of your device software to ensure compatibility with the Roll Marking app
- The School has set up XUNO Attendance in the XUNO Website. The app cannot be used by an individual teacher where Attendance has not been setup.
- The XUNO Website is running the latest version.
- The mobile device is kept up-to-date with the latest operating system and updates for the Roll Marking app.
For On Premises Schools: The Roll Marking app will not work if the Certificate Chain is not set up correctly.
Please talk to your Certificate Provider if you need assistance setting it up.
Logging into the app
The app is available on both Android and iOS devices. To download the app simply go to the store and search for XUNO Roll Marking, then tap to download and install. Once installed, you will need to do the following to login:
- Open the app
- On this login screen, you will see three options
- School Code - Check with your XUNO administrator for this code (the same code is used for the Notification app).
- Username - The same username you use when logging in to the XUNO website.
- Password - The same password you use when logging in to the XUNO website.
- Once all information has been entered correctly, tap REGISTER to log in.
Once logged in, you will see a list of your classes for the day. Information about the class such as the period, start time, class name and room are displayed on this screen.
To the right of this page are the class marking status indicators. A green circle indicates that the class has been fully marked. A white circle with grey outline indicates that students still require marking.
Selecting the day
- By default, you will be logged into the current date.
- Tap the Calendar icon on the top right corner to select the date you wish to mark the roll for.
- To quickly skip ahead or behind one day, swipe left or right on iOS or use the navigation arrows on Android.
The Student View
Tap on a class in the class list to view all of the students in the class. You can return to the previous screen using the back arrow.
Under the student's homegroup, the coloured dots show a representation of the student's attendance for the day.
Any students which have been pre-marked by another staff member will appear at the top of the page. Unmarked students will then appear, followed by marked students.
Marking the roll
- To mark student attendance, swipe right to mark them as Present or swipe left to mark them as Unapproved Absence.
- A green bar indicates you are marking the student Present and a red bar indicates you are marking the student as Unapproved Absence.
- The marked student will automatically move to the Marked list.
Other Attendance Reasons
Where you wish to mark the student as something other than Present or Unapproved Absence, tap their name to choose from a list of other reasons and leave a comment if needed.
- Tap on the reason that applies to the student. A tick will appear on the right side of the screen for that reason.
- To add a comment, tap in the comment box and type a comment.
- Tap the tick on the top right of the screen to save the students attendance.
- This will take you back to the student list.
- To correct incorrectly marked rolls, click on the student again to make changes.
- Corrections may also be made in the website version of XUNO.