How to setup incident notification email alerts and messaging groups
Each type of incident and most other menu items can be setup to automatically email staff, students or parents a preset message. You can define different messages for each incident type as well as for students, parents and staff.
The Email Notification Settings allow you to specify how the notification emails should function. Use the corresponding drop-down list to enable the emailing of notifications. Each drop-down list has the following options:
- No Messaging – no emails will be sent
- All Staff Members – an email will be sent to every staff member
- Messaging Groups – an email will only be sent to members of groups that match the student’s form and/or year level
- Teachers of the Student – an email will only be sent to the teachers of the student
- Coordinators of the Student – an email will only be sent to the coordinators of the student
- Teachers + Coordinators of the Student – an email will only be sent to the teachers and the coordinators of the student
- Groups + Coordinators of the Student – an email will only be sent to members of groups that match the student’s form and/or year level and the student's coordinators.
- Groups + Teachers of the Student – same as above but also to all teachers of the student.
- Groups + Teachers + Coordinators of the Student – same as above but also to all teachers and coordinators of the student.
- User can choose Recipients – the user can choose which recipients and groups should receive the emails.
Changing the email notification settings
- Click on the Options menu located in the top right corner of the screen and click Messaging & SMS under the Software Settings subheading.
- Under the Email Notification Settings section choose an item to adjust.
- Change the drop-down list to specify how the messaging should be setup.
- Click on the corresponding Edit button to change the message text.
- If you have selected an option that includes Messaging Groups, you will also need to link the groups which should apply to the item. If you do not select any groups, then messages will not sent. This feature provides you with the flexibility to setup groups but not use them for every item. Use the Link button to link messaging groups to the item.
- Changes made are automatically saved.
Creating Messaging Groups
Messaging Groups are used in XUNO to group together certain staff, parents or students. XUNO allows for an unlimited number of groups and recipients in each messaging group. In addition, messaging groups can be linked to a form, year level, house or the first letter of the student’s surname. These links are used as criteria when sending email notifications, so that emails are only sent to the relevant people.
- Click on the Options menu then click on Messaging & SMS under the Software Settings subheading.
- Scroll to the Messaging Groups section.
- To add a new group, type the name for the new messaging group in the New group name... field and select the entity that will populate this group. Click the + (plus) button to create.
- To modify a group click the Edit button corresponding to the group name.
- Choose which criteria the new group should be linked to using the Link group to students drop-down list.
- Add your staff members, students or parents to the group by selecting them from the Add drop-down list. Your settings are automatically saved as you change them.