Printing, publishing and getting the status of progress reports
Publishing a Progress Report
Before publishing, even if you do not plan to hard-copy print the reports, set the print options for your progress report. These options will affect how parents or students will print their progress reports online. You can do this by clicking on the corresponding edit icon on the Administration > Setup Progress Reports page.
- Click on the Administration menu, then click on the Setup Progress Reports item.
- Click on the pencil edit button of the progress report you would like to publish or lock.
- Set the Publish to Portal option to Yes to publish the progress report to parents and students.
- Select the Locked - no editing option to prevent teachers from modifying the results in the progress report.
Locked: Once a progress report is locked, it can not be edited by a teacher. Only users with reporting administration permission can temporarily unlock and modify results.
Before printing, set the print options for your progress report. You can do this by clicking on the corresponding edit icon on the Administration > Setup Progress Reports page. Any changes you make will also affect how parents and student view their printed progress report online.
We recommend that you use the latest version of the Google Chrome browser to print your progress reports.
- Click on the Administration menu, then click on Print Progress Reports item.
- Choose the progress report from the left-side menu. You may also need to adjust the date range in the top right of the breadcrumb bar.
- Choose how you would like to print your reports - by Year level, Form or Individual Students. Each option allows you to select which year levels, forms or students you'd like to print.
- Click on the Print button to generate the progress reports. Since the database does lots of calculations for each report, we recommend that you print smaller batches, either by form, one year level at a time.
- Once the reports appear, you can use your browser's print feature to print the reports to a printer or save them to a PDF.
Optimal Print Settings:
Some browsers automatically add a header and footer, or hide the row shading when printing, and most will show this during a print preview.
For the optimal print settings in Google Chrome, click on More Options during the print preview and make sure you select ' Show background graphics' and deselect 'Simplify page, Headers and Footers' and the 'Two sided' options.
Getting the status
- Click on the Administration menu, then click on the Progress Report Status item.
- Choose a progress report from the left side menu. Only the current year's progress reports are shown by default. Click on the date picker in the top right of the breadcrumb bar to change the calendar year.
- Choose from the Teachers, Students or Classes tab. Each tab will show you the complete and incomplete progress reports.
Comment Fields: Comment fields can be included or excluded from the "completed" status. A comment field is considered "completed" when it has any text written in it. You can change these options by editing the comment field under Marking Schemas.