Setting up payment plans, managing payments
Setting up a payment plan and split payments
When an event is approved, the entire cost per student of the event is assigned as a payment item towards each student's primary family automatically. After an event is approved, you may modify each student's payment options, including splitting the payments between families, adding a payment plan and adjusting the amount.
- Click on the Students tab of an event.
- Click on the dollar icon ($) in the row that corresponds to the student whose payment details you want to adjust. This icon is only visible when the event's status is set to "Approved".
- Each row in the payment options pop up window is an amount that is due for the student's family, and each row appears as a separate item to pay on the permission slip and Portal.
- Click on the Add Item button to add another row. You can not delete a payment item row once a transaction has been made against the item, this includes manual payments added by staff.
- To split a payment between families, add a new payment items rows as required. Using the dropdown list choose the family each payment item row should be assigned to. You can then modify the amount and due date.
- If there are multiple payment item rows, each row including Due Date and Amount will appear as a payment plan on the printed permission slip and on the Portal. Parents can select to pay individual payment plan items as they are due, or pay for multiple items in one go. The Due Date is only for information purposes and does not prevent parents from paying if the payment is overdue.
- Enter any important payment plan information in the Notes field. This field is only visible to the school.
- Once you've made your adjustments, click on the Close button to close the window.
Portal and Split Payments: Each family will only see the payment plan details relevant to their family. If the secondary family has no payment items assigned to them they will not see the event in their Portal.
Adding manual payments and credits
You can manually add payments and credits to a student's payment items. This feature is useful if a payment is not made through the Portal (eg. a parent comes into the office or sends money to pay). You can also use this feature to add credits to a payment or reverse a previous payment made by adding a negative amount.
- Click on a the Students tab of an event.
- Click on the dollar icon ($) in the row that corresponds to the student whose payment details you want adjust. This icon is only visible when the event's status is set to "Approved".
- Each row in the payment options modal is an amount that is due for the student's family, and each row appears as a separate item to pay on the permission slip and Portal.
- Click on the Add Payment button that corresponds to the payment item you want to credit or add a payment to.
- Enter a description and amount then click on the Save button. You can add a negative amount to reverse a previous payment. Once you've added a payment it will appear in the Finance Transaction report and can not deleted.
Adjusting Payments and Credits: Manually adding payments and credits will automatically be reflected in balance due for that payment item on permission slips and in the Portal for parents to see (providing the event is published to parents).