Portal: How to read and send messages to teachers
- Click on the School menu and then click on the Messages item. If you're using a mobile device, you'll need to tap on the menu icon in the top right first, before you can tap on the School menu.
- Your most recent conversation will load by default. All of your previous conversations are listed in the left pane and you can click on a name to view its contents or to continue the conversation. Your most recent conversations are shown at the top. If you're using a mobile device you can tap the down arrow in the top header bar, to view your list of previous conversations.
- To start a new conversation, click on the plus icon in the left pane above your previous conversations, then choose a name from the list. On a mobile device you'll need to tap the down arrow in the top navigation bar, then click on the plus icon. Parents are able to send messages to all teachers and coordinators of their children, whereas students are only able to send messages to their current teachers and coordinators.
- Type your message into the field at the bottom labelled New message.
- You can also attach files by either dragging or dropping the file into the New message text area, or clicking the Attach button and selecting your file.
- When you are ready to send the new message click on the Send button. Once a message has been sent you will not be able to stop it or delete a previously sent message.