How to mark attendance
In this article
Marking Attendance as a Staff Member
- Click on the XUNO menu item to view your staff Dashboard page.
- Your Alerts will inform you if you have any unmarked or partially marked classes. If you do, click on the alert and then click on a class to mark. If you are unable to mark these previous periods, then your XUNO administrator may have restricted how far back you can mark attendance.
- Your Dashboard Calendar will display your classes for the day. The colour of the dot on the right side of the class indicates if the entire class is marked (green), or is partially marked / unmarked (gray). Click on a class to adjust the attendance for that class.
- Set the attendance reason for each student that is not present, and then click on the Mark remaining as present button on the top right to mark all students with the Unmarked status as present.
Click on the Mark remaining as present button on the top right to mark all students with the Unmarked status as present, then manually change the attendance reason for each student that is not present
Manually change the attendance reason for each student that is not present as required.
- Click on the XUNO menu item to return to your Dashboard and calendar.
Note: Staff members are restricted from going back more than 14 days to mark attendance.
Marking Attendance as an Administrator
- Click on the Administration menu then click on the Mark Attendance menu item under the Attendance subheading.
- Pick a date, Student or Teacher and class to mark attendance.
- Change the attendance reasons as required. You can enter a note into the field provided next to each period and student.
Bulk Marking Attendance
Marking Bulk Attendance will save time if you want to mark attendance across multiple Periods by Campus, Year Level, Form, House, Class or even the entire school at once.
- Click on the Administration drop-down menu and then click on Bulk Mark Attendance under the Attendance subheading.
- Choose your date or date range.
- Choose your period, you can also choose multiple periods at once.
- In the Students section you are able to filter to the exact students you would like to Bulk Mark.
- Choose your Attendance Mark As option.
- Click Save.
- If a notification window pops up, check your filters then click OK to continue with the marking.