How to use the student analysis tool
The Student Analysis Tool is a comprehensive and customisable report that can display a large amount of information about your students. It can show attendance data, NAPLAN, On-Demand, Victorian Curriculum data, incidents and more, all on the one page!
How to use the Student Analysis Tool
- Click on the School menu then click on Student Analysis Tool. The analysis tool can display results by form, year level, house, campus and class.
- Select the filtering options that you require and then tick the checkboxes for the columns of data you would like to display.
- Select some additional filtering options by clicking on the filter icon.
- Click the Show button to produce your report.
- To search the results for an individual student, type their name in the search bar located to the far right, above the top row of results.
- To print your results or export them to a CSV file, click on the corresponding Print this page or Export to CSV buttons located at the top of the page, on the left of the show button.
Custom columns in the Student Analysis Tool
You can create custom columns in the student analysis tool in order to record additional data for your students. This extra data is only displayed in the Student Analysis Tool.
To create your custom columns, follow the steps below.
- Click on the Options menu and then click on Assessment Settings.
- In the drop down list select Student Analysis Tool. On this page you can create your custom columns by giving them a title and specifying the year you would like them to display for. You can also delete or hide any of the custom columns.
- In the drop down list under Display Year, select the year that you would like your custom column to be visible for or leave the default All option.
- Type your custom column name in the Name field and then select , from the drop down list, the type of column that you are creating under Type. Custom columns can be a text box, check box or drop down list with options to select from.
- Click on the Plus icon to add your new custom column.
- If you selected Dropdown (single) from the type list, you will need to specify your drop down options. Click on the list icon in the column next to the Type column, to create your options.
Note: To show your Custom Columns in the results, select the School Columns checkbox when picking the data you want to display.
Note: Attendance data is displayed in the student analysis tool for schools that use XUNO attendance and schools that synchronise XUNO with First Class Attendance or CASES Attendance.