How to setup your SMTP for emailing
Your technician will need to correctly configure your server's SMTP settings to allow you to send emails from XUNO.
Victorian Government School Settings
SMTP = smtp.edumail.vic.gov.au
sendmail_from = <your_school_edumail_address>
- Your SMTP settings are stored in your PHP.ini configuration file, on your XUNO server. Find your PHP.ini configuration file, which is usually stored in the C:\Program Files (x86)\PHP folder.
- Open the php.ini file in Notepad.
- Scroll through the file until you find the line that begins with "SMTP = ". Remove the semi-colon (;) at the start of the line if it exists, then add the address of your SMTP server after the equals sign. Your line should look similar to: SMTP = smtp.edumail.vic.gov.au
- Find the line the begins with "sendmail_from = ". Remove the semi-colon (;) at the start of the line if it exists, then add your school's email address that is hosted on your SMTP server. Your line should look similar to: sendmail_from = firstname.lastname@example.org
- Review your settings. Your lines should look similar to this example and should not contain any semi-colons (;).
[mail function] ; For Win32 only. ; http://php.net/smtp SMTP = smtp.edumail.vic.gov.au ; smtp_port = 25 ; For Win32 only. ; http://php.net/sendmail-from sendmail_from = email@example.com
- Save the file and close it.
- You will need to reset your Internet Information Service (IIS), including XUNO, before the changes will take effect.
- Open your command prompt and run the command: iisreset to restart IIS and apply your new SMTP settings.