MySQL Performance and Optimisation Settings
Your MySQL server requires some custom configuration settings to optimise its performance. Follow the instructions below to customise your MySQL my.ini configuration file.
This configuration assumes that your server has a minimum of 8GB RAM and does not run any other software, database software or websites other than your XUNO Suite. If your server has less RAM than 8GB, please contact our support team on 1300 067 478.
- Open the MySQL Workbench on your server and connect to your localhost database (which will be your XUNO database). You will need to use the root username and password you setup earlier.
- Click on the Options File item under the INSTANCES heading in the Navigator window. This will allow you to adjust your MySQL my.ini configuration file.
- Click on the InnoDB tab in the right pane.
- Find and tick the innodb_buffer_pool_size option and enter a value of: 6144M
- Find and tick the innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit option and set the value to 0 (zero).
- Find and tick the innodb_log_buffer_size option and enter a value of: 4M
- Find and tick the innodb_log_file_size option and enter a value of: 100M
Very Important: If you are changing the "innodb_log_file_size" to a different value, you will need to perform an extra step at the end of these steps, to rename your existing log files, otherwise MySQL will not restart.
- Click on the Performance tab
- Find and tick the query_cache_size option and enter a value of: 256
- Click on the Apply... button in the bottom right corner of the Workbench window to save your changes. You may be prompted again to confirm your changes.
- In the left pane, click on the Startup / Shutdown menu item under the INSTANCE heading.
- You will need to restart your MySQL Server in order for your configuration changes to take effect. Click on the Stop Server button and within a few seconds your server instance status will change from "running" to "stopped".
- Wait until your server has stopped. If you have changed your "innodb_log_file_size" value in step 8, you will need to rename your existing log files before you re-start MySQL. Locate the ib_logfile0 and ib_logfile1 files in your MySQL data directory (usually C:\Program Data\MySQL Server x.y\Data) and rename then to ib_logfile0_old and ib_logfile1_old respectively.
- Click on the Start Server button and within a few seconds your server instance status will change from "stopped" to "running". If the server does not start, please contact our support team on 1300 067 478.
- You have now completed your MySQL Server installation and configuration.
If you are still experiencing delays in XUNO's performance, give us a call on 1300067478 and we will investigate further on a Fee For Service basis.